About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on yebomimi@gmail.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 8, 2008

SEVEN SQUADRON SONG


THE SEVEN SQUADRON SONG

Don’t give me a posting to “ONE”
Their Bulldust is boring and dumb
Whilst up in the air,
Every bullet they fear,
It’s” Bale Out” and home on the run

CHORUS
No! Give me good old Seven
The Squadron that’s earning its pay
Fighting the war
And settling the score,
We wear out two arseholes a day

Don’t give me a posting to
“TWO”
I’d rather do time in the loo
Their broken down ships,
Give their pilots the shits,
But they’ll never get anything new

CHORUS

Imagine a posting to “THREE”
‘Mongst old men who fly the “Gooney”
Theyr’e never on ops
As pilots they’re flops
But they sure can collect S and T

CHORUS

Don’t give me a posting to “FOUR”
‘Cos they drive a noisy old whore,
When they make a pass,
They get shot up the ass
Keep flying clubs out of the war

CHORUS

“Lookout” here’s faithful old “FIVE”
‘Neath bushes and rocks troopies dive,
Have courage there men,
AAH Shit, they’ve done it again,
They sure make it hard to survive

CHORUS

I forgot there’s a squadron called “SIX”
In op’s they don’t know the tricks,
As everyone knows,
They’re a squadron of “SCHMOES”
A cadet is all they can fix.

CHORUS

They say they’re the brains of HQ
But mister, I’ve got news for you,
They don’t give a fuck
They just pass on the buck
From you, down to me, back to you.

CHORUS

Note: The Seven Squadron motto was” Fight anywhere and everywhere”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments from everyone on my book Choppertech.
I am interested especially on hearing from former ZANLA and ZIPRA combatants who also have thier story to tell.