- Beaver Shaw
- Nairobi, Kenya
- I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011
- ► 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (50)
02/08 - 02/15
- INTERVIEW WITH REX NHONGO
- HERBET CHITEPO ASSASSINATION
- THE MAG MACHINE GUN
- THE TRUSTY OLD FN RIFLE
- THE RPD MACHINE GUN
- AK 47 ASSAULT RIFLE
- ROLE OF AIRPOWER IN RHODESIAN BUSH WAR
- Why was it not in his interest at the time?
- JAMES CHIKAREMA
- THE SELOUS SCOUTS
- SPONSORSHIP TO TERRS DURING RHODESIAN WAR
- ALLAN SAVORY
- ▼ 02/08 - 02/15 (13)
- ► 2008 (276)
Sunday, February 8, 2009
THE SELOUS SCOUTS
"The Selous Scouts"
I used to sit by the water's edge & watch the campfire glow
& I'd listen to the night-birds cry & feel the breezes blow.
My belly full of the meat I'd shot, I'd sit for hours & muse
As the moon came up & the shadows changed to many different hues.
I used to roam through this country wide in search of game so fleet
& I'd listen to the lions roar as they too searched for meat.
I'd make my camp on the grassy plain or in the mountains tall
& I'd friends at every farm & store & every native kraal.
But now when I near a river's edge or roam this country wide
I've a lot of men to back me, & I think of them with pride.
They're a scruffy lot to look at, but they've a tracker's skill;
They're damned fine men in a follow-up, & damned good at a kill.
The Scouts they're called, & well-named, too, for the man whose name they bear
Was the greatest hunter in this land, & these men fear no dare!
For the game they hunt is vermin that would pillage, plunder and maim.
& they do their job efficiently, with never thought of fame!