About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on yebomimi@gmail.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Pages

Followers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

PUBLICATION OF CHOPPERTECH


While I have been in SA I have had a meeting with some publishers with regard to getting Choppertech out there as it is now complete.
The market seems to be pretty busy with Rhodesian Bush War stories being published with Counterstrike being one of the latest.
Those of you who have purchased it will recall seeing me in the DVD presentation of this book. (Sold with the book)

I have decided to go for Publication on order with a limited amount of Books being hardcover and the rest softcover.
The Hardcover books look like they will be costing in the region of USD 100 per copy as they will be handbound according to the publishing house.
I estimate doing about 30 copies in the first run with many going to friends and family.
The books will be around A4 size TBA.
I will ask the Publisher to do a Print on Demand; this leaves me to ask the followers of this blog to e mail me your details if you want a copy of the book.
The sooner you e mail me the better I will have an idea on how many to run on the first press.
Contact me on shawzie@hotmail.com and cc shawzie@tiscali.co.za
I am hoping to add some really good photos, drawings and documents to the publication (never been seen stuff.
It is important to let me know ASAP so you do not lose out of the run.
Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments from everyone on my book Choppertech.
I am interested especially on hearing from former ZANLA and ZIPRA combatants who also have thier story to tell.