The members of the team which located the crash site of the SAAF Puma shot down during Op Uric in September 1979, are attempting to contact the next of kin of all of the victims, to inform them of the discovery of the Puma crash site near Mapai, and of the fact that we have erected a cross on the graves discovered there.
Could I please ask you to appeal to your ORAFs members for any information that will assist in contacting family members or friends of these men.
We are still attemping to locate family or friends of the following men:
Flight Sergeant Dick Retief: SAAF
2nd Lieutenant Bruce Fraser Burns: Rh Engineers
Sergeant Michael Alan Jones: Rh Engineers
Trooper Jacobus Alwyn Briel: RLI
Trooper Mark Jeremy Crow: RLI
Trooper Steven Eric King: RLI
Trooper David Rex Prosser: RLI
Any assistance in contacting the families fo these men will be most welcome.
Many thanks for your assistance with this project.
Please mail Neill Jackson on email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org with any information that you think may assist to locate these people.
A request to other Rhodesian Associations please consider distrubuting this appeal to their members.
Posted: Aug 26, 2009
- Beaver Shaw
- Nairobi, Kenya
- I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on email@example.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011
- ► 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (50)
08/23 - 08/30
- AK 47 ASSAULT RIFLE
- moreFROM CHOPPERTECH
- NOT LIKELY TO BE PIONEER DAY IN RHODESIA
- TIME ON DEVILS GORGE
- PUMA 164
- MATSAI PUNCH UP ON FIREFORCE RHODESIA
- CANADIAN TOURISTS SHOT AT VIC FALLS
- VIC FALLS BRIDGE FAILURE
- RHODESIA 1977
- HOUSE DEBATE ON RHODESIA 1978
- OP URIC REQUEST
- THE BUFFALO INCIDENT
- MONTE CASSINO ONE VIEW
- MIKE BORLACE AND MIKE UPTON
- ALAN LOCKE SHAW
- Seven Squadron Photos
- ▼ 08/23 - 08/30 (17)
- ► 2008 (276)