About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on yebomimi@gmail.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Pages

Followers

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Henry Jarvie and Flame Fleming KIA

Phil Tubbs rt


Henry Jarvie was a huge influence on our lives on Seven Squadron, he had a sense of humour second to none and when mixed up with his best friend Phil Tubbs the shit really hit the fan with the antics those two got up to. No one was exempt from thier tricks to the extent that the Squadron Warrant officer would send them to different FAF's in order to keep the peace from irate Camp Commandants.
These two guys were legends on fireforce and in the Air Force.
I would be grateful for any amusing stories about this duo to add to the book.

Henry and Flame Fleming both Choppertechs were killed in the same action just outside Mtoko on the 2/1/1978 with Henry crewed with Norman Maasdorp in G CarR5701 and Flame with Chas Goatley in K Car R5177 which I had handed over to him the previous day.
This action is in my book Choppertech.
I would be grateful if anyone who was there could e mail me any additional information on the air action and subsequent events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments from everyone on my book Choppertech.
I am interested especially on hearing from former ZANLA and ZIPRA combatants who also have thier story to tell.