About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on yebomimi@gmail.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Adrian Rosenberg

Adrian With AK in Honde Valley -the G Car is a loaner from the SAAF note the paint scheme, notes: Armoured seat not yet fitted and you can also see the cable cutter clearly.

Adrian Rosenberg was a Choppertech who joined the Squadron a short time after I did and if my memory serves me right on the same course as Gary Carter (Gary was killed in the crash with Paddy Bate and Bruce Snelgar when they hit powerlines) Adrian is pictured here holding an AK 47 rifle captured by Fireforce during a contact in the Honde Valley in which 12 gooks were culled. Adrian was flying with Dick Paxton on this particular contact and says that Flame Fleming was the Choppertech in the K Car.

Soon after this photograph was taken Adrian was shot in the knee in a contact (Lionel Dyke's RAR fireforce).

We Choppertechs on the Squadron were all angry when Adrian was not given his Aircrew brevet by the Rh Af as they said that he did not stay on the Squadron for enough hours to earn it -We did not agree as he saw a lot of action in his short time on Seven Squadron and was part of our team. Some of Adrian's stories are recorded in my book Choppertech.


Adrian now owns his own Alouette!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments from everyone on my book Choppertech.
I am interested especially on hearing from former ZANLA and ZIPRA combatants who also have thier story to tell.