- Beaver Shaw
- Nairobi, Kenya
- I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on email@example.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011
- ► 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (50)
- ► 2009 (146)
08/24 - 08/31
- How THE WEST SOLD RHODESIA TO COMMUNISM
- AN INSIGHT INTO GENERAL PETER WALLS
- AMERICAN "BOUNTY" HUNTERS IN RHODESIA
- ANTHRAX OUTBREAK IN RHODESIA 1978-80
- THE LESSON OF STEVEN HATFILL
- PETER Mc ALEESE AND STEPHEN HATFILL
- WHO IS DR DEATH STEPHEN HATFILL
- RHODESIAN ANTHRAX OUTBREAK
- STEPHEN HATFILL
- THE CRIPPLED EAGLES
- THE OUTNUMBERED
- PARACHUTE TRAINING BOOK RHODESIA
- ORAFS RAFFLE
- ZIMBABWES LIBERATION WAR
- FLAME (RHODESIAN CONFLICT MOVIE ABOUT WOMEN FIGHTE...
- WOMEN IN ZIMBABWES LIBERATION WAR
- RHODESIAN ARMY ARCHIVE PROJECT
- DEMOBILIZATION AND INTERGRATION ZIMBABWEAN SECURIT...
- GUERILLA NARRITAVES OF ZIMBABWES LIBERATION WAR
- MY BONES SHALL RISE AGAIN - War Veterans, Spirit M...
- KAVALAMANJA RHODESIAN AFTERMATH -LAWRENCE TAPISENI...
- FIREFORCE APPEAL
- ▼ 08/24 - 08/31 (24)
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Rhodesian Air Force - Request
The Les Booth Raffle - for Operation Miracle
Les Booth (30 LAR) has kindly made a RAF 5 Pound Coin and Spitfire print as shown below available to raffle to raise funds.
"90th Anniversary of the RAF £5 coin" manufactured from 925/1000 sterling silver and proof finished stuck by the Royal Mint in Guernsey.
DEFENCE OF THE REALM
Along with that comes a "Defence of the Realm" print of the Supermarine Spitfire Mk IIa as it banks over the London skyline. The actual size of the print is 234mm x 183mm.
In addition Prop Geldenhuys has donated a copy of the Operation Miracle book that will form an integral part of the prize for one lucky winner - - to be drawn during the evening of the Unveiling of the Miracle Memorial on 3 October 2008 - in a mere six weeks time.
Cost of ticket is R10.00 each (South African Rand)
Cash payments to, or Nedbank deposits to P.M. GELDENHUYS, Account No 1349 086738, (Branch Code 134925 and or SWIFT Code NEDSZAJJ, if requested), together with Name with RAFFLE as reference, will qualify.
Ticket purchasers are requested to show proof of payments / deposits by e-mailing Prop at firstname.lastname@example.org and / or phoning Durban 031-3066408 to confirm transactions. (Any other volunteers who would like to help run this Raffle will be more than welcome.)
Pledges are also most welcome - but remember, if not 'paid up' by the time the draw is made, then 'no draw!'
A special appeal is made to all our affiliated associations to please circulate this notification to their members and also to remind them that if they are able to attend the Unveiling at the Shamwari Club on 3 October 2008 that they are very welcome and their company would be appreciated. However, please advise Prop if you are attending so that the club can be notified of numbers attending (for catering purposes).
Note by Eddy Norris
I would like to mention that it would be greatly appreciated if overseas associations could offer suggestions as to how overseas folk could participate. I do believe that I saw Terry Bennett hand up to take charge of the UK folk. Thanks Terry?
Could the AFA Branches, BSAP, Army and School Associations please also pass on this notification to their members.
Eddy Norris / Prop Geldenhuys
Verification is available from: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org or Les.Booth@marshallaerospace.com