SEEKING INFORMATION FOR NEW BOOK
I am in the process of writing a book on the Rhodesian Parachute Training School and the role of the PJI's, Despatchers and staff. This will cover the period from 1961-1982 and will be a very broad account of the role of the PTS during this time. The book will be a coffee- table size pictorial in hardcover and there will also be a leather-bound Limited Edition.
The Limited Edition book will be limited to 50 copies.
It will be an A4 size book.
Leather-Bound with a slip case.
Signed by a number of PJI's and myself.
Numbered 1 to 50.
The first 27 books are already reserved. If you are interested in reserving a copy of the Limited Edition book please email me at email@example.com
This is just to reserve a copy.
Any photos or other relevant information that could be sent to me would be greatly appreciated. Photos from SAS, RLI, Selous Scouts, RAR, SADF Recce and Air Force are all welcome, as the PTS worked with all of them. I would also appreciate any relevant information from fellow collectors. Any photos or information used in the book will be credited to the people who supplied them.
The writing of this book has the support of the following former members of the PTS:
Derek de Kock, D.M.M. (former OC of PTS and one of the first five PJI's of the PTS in 1961)
Paul Hogan, M.F.C. (former PJI)
Tony Hughes, M.F.C. (former PJI)
Dick Gledhill (former PJI)
Ian Douglas (former PJI)
Mike Duffy (former PJI)
Trevor Smith (one of the first five PJI's of the PTS in 1961)
Kevin Milligan (former PJI)
John Early (former PJI)
Iain Bowen (former PJI)
I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beaver Shaw
- Nairobi, Kenya
- I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on email@example.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011
- ► 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (50)
- ► 2009 (146)
08/24 - 08/31
- How THE WEST SOLD RHODESIA TO COMMUNISM
- AN INSIGHT INTO GENERAL PETER WALLS
- AMERICAN "BOUNTY" HUNTERS IN RHODESIA
- ANTHRAX OUTBREAK IN RHODESIA 1978-80
- THE LESSON OF STEVEN HATFILL
- PETER Mc ALEESE AND STEPHEN HATFILL
- WHO IS DR DEATH STEPHEN HATFILL
- RHODESIAN ANTHRAX OUTBREAK
- STEPHEN HATFILL
- THE CRIPPLED EAGLES
- THE OUTNUMBERED
- PARACHUTE TRAINING BOOK RHODESIA
- ORAFS RAFFLE
- ZIMBABWES LIBERATION WAR
- FLAME (RHODESIAN CONFLICT MOVIE ABOUT WOMEN FIGHTE...
- WOMEN IN ZIMBABWES LIBERATION WAR
- RHODESIAN ARMY ARCHIVE PROJECT
- DEMOBILIZATION AND INTERGRATION ZIMBABWEAN SECURIT...
- GUERILLA NARRITAVES OF ZIMBABWES LIBERATION WAR
- MY BONES SHALL RISE AGAIN - War Veterans, Spirit M...
- KAVALAMANJA RHODESIAN AFTERMATH -LAWRENCE TAPISENI...
- FIREFORCE APPEAL
- ▼ 08/24 - 08/31 (24)