About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on yebomimi@gmail.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Pages

Followers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

PARACHUTE TRAINING BOOK RHODESIA

SEEKING INFORMATION FOR NEW BOOK

I am in the process of writing a book on the Rhodesian Parachute Training School and the role of the PJI's, Despatchers and staff. This will cover the period from 1961-1982 and will be a very broad account of the role of the PTS during this time. The book will be a coffee- table size pictorial in hardcover and there will also be a leather-bound Limited Edition.

The Limited Edition book will be limited to 50 copies.
It will be an A4 size book.
Leather-Bound with a slip case.
Signed by a number of PJI's and myself.
Numbered 1 to 50.

The first 27 books are already reserved. If you are interested in reserving a copy of the Limited Edition book please email me at peter@rhodesianmilitaria.com
This is just to reserve a copy.

Any photos or other relevant information that could be sent to me would be greatly appreciated. Photos from SAS, RLI, Selous Scouts, RAR, SADF Recce and Air Force are all welcome, as the PTS worked with all of them. I would also appreciate any relevant information from fellow collectors. Any photos or information used in the book will be credited to the people who supplied them.

The writing of this book has the support of the following former members of the PTS:

Derek de Kock, D.M.M. (former OC of PTS and one of the first five PJI's of the PTS in 1961)
Paul Hogan, M.F.C. (former PJI)
Tony Hughes, M.F.C. (former PJI)
Dick Gledhill (former PJI)
Ian Douglas (former PJI)
Mike Duffy (former PJI)
Trevor Smith (one of the first five PJI's of the PTS in 1961)
Kevin Milligan (former PJI)
John Early (former PJI)
Iain Bowen (former PJI)



I can be contacted at peter@rhodesianmilitaria.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments from everyone on my book Choppertech.
I am interested especially on hearing from former ZANLA and ZIPRA combatants who also have thier story to tell.