- Beaver Shaw
- Nairobi, Kenya
- I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on email@example.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011
- ► 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (50)
06/14 - 06/21
- Rhodesian Army T55
- THICK AND THIN
- TIME MAGAZINE SEPT 18 1978
- DONT DIE IN THE BUNDU
- PFUMO RE VHANU RHODESIA
- UN RESOLOUTION 590 ON RHODESIAN EXTERNAL RAIDS INT...
- BRITAINS WARNING TO RHODESIA
- Fireforce Rhodesia another perspective
- Rhodesian Air Force K Car
- Rhodesian Air Force Cheetah Crash
- Rhodesian Air Force Alouette Crashes R7524
- Rhodesian Airforce Helicopter Crash R 5176?
- Norman Farrell
- CRAIG BONE PAINTING OF ANDY BARRETT
- Wouter Basson in Rhodesia
- ▼ 06/14 - 06/21 (15)
- ► 2008 (276)
Friday, June 19, 2009
Rhodesian Air Force Alouette Crashes R7524
The attached photo reflects R7524 in a state of serious disrepair. (Cat 5 ?)
One source of information (Brent) states 01-09-1976 R 7524 "no crash" - Flt Lt Harvey / Sgt HF Belstead (killed.)
The second source (Nesbitt/Cowderoy) says R 7524 "written off after damage caused engine failure during a Fireforce Operation at Nyanga on 1 Sept 1976. Tech killed which is incorrect as it was Ian Harvey and Eric Thompson at Grand Reef ,no -one was killed..
Brent also shows : 22-12-1976 R 7524 Cat 5 Shot down near Malapati Ft.Lt VBW Cook / Sgt M Upton which is incorrect it was Finch Bellringer
Clearly it could'nt have been written off twice in the space of 4 months. Was it written off by Vic Cook at Rutenga or Ian Harvey in Grand Reef?
An interesting point is that the drums in the picture were for the revetments in which the Helicopters for Fireforce Ops would be parked in at night.