- Beaver Shaw
- Nairobi, Kenya
- I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011
- ► 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (50)
06/14 - 06/21
- Rhodesian Army T55
- THICK AND THIN
- TIME MAGAZINE SEPT 18 1978
- DONT DIE IN THE BUNDU
- PFUMO RE VHANU RHODESIA
- UN RESOLOUTION 590 ON RHODESIAN EXTERNAL RAIDS INT...
- BRITAINS WARNING TO RHODESIA
- Fireforce Rhodesia another perspective
- Rhodesian Air Force K Car
- Rhodesian Air Force Cheetah Crash
- Rhodesian Air Force Alouette Crashes R7524
- Rhodesian Airforce Helicopter Crash R 5176?
- Norman Farrell
- CRAIG BONE PAINTING OF ANDY BARRETT
- Wouter Basson in Rhodesia
- ▼ 06/14 - 06/21 (15)
- ► 2008 (276)
Friday, June 19, 2009
Rhodesian Airforce Helicopter Crash R 5176?
Can you throw any light on this one. Picture comes from Pride of Eagles - caption says a spanner was left in the engine intake after a service in Fort Vic. Spanner was drawn into the intake during a training flight over Seki causing crash and fire - no other info on serial number or crew. Judging by type 1 shroud and full armoured seat it could be late 1977. The only recorded prang (Brent) that fits is 10 th October 1977 - Peacock and SAC Watt - R 5176. Any ideas / comment ?
A previous query on R 7524 Harvey / Thompson - 1 st Sept. 1976. I see from Props book that Harvey / Belstead were using K Car 5074 when Belstead was killed and presumably Ian Harvey pranged R 7524 (with Eric Thompson) later the same day at Grand Reef ? Harvey's nerves must have been stuffed after that lot !
Can anyone verify this info please as I have my doubts that Ian flew both aircraft, as far as I know he was with Eric Thompson when the K Car had an engine failure, Beef Belstead was shot in a K Car in Boli which was a long way from Grand Reef?