About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on yebomimi@gmail.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Pages

Followers

Monday, March 3, 2008

CHOPPERTECH Copyrighted BBBTBBB




This Blog is intended to generate interest in the book which I am about to publish called Choppertech which is about the Technicians and crews who fought in Helicopter G and K Cars on Seven Squadron Rhodesian Air Force from 1976 - 1980 during the Rhodesian bush war (Chimurenga 2) against ZANLA and ZIPRA insurgents.




I will also be carrying out studies of different aspects relating to that war which I will be studying as an ex-combatant in that bloody war.




I will also be posting some of my War Art on this blogspot and welcome any comments.




I ask the readers to understand that my memories of that time may have faded and whatever I post will be as true as I can remember.


I am an ex Rhodesian Air Force Sergeant who served on Seven Squadron from 1976 -1980 and flew many missions in both G Cars and K Car gunships.

The picture above is of a 20 mm Matra cannon fitted to a K Car gunship of the Rhodesian Air Force done in pencil and is called "Running in".
Once again I encourage you to comment on the blog, even if you do not agree with my writings.
A quote from The Art of War by Sun Tzu:
Now battle for victory, attack and attain it.
But if one does not follow up on the achievement, it is inauspicious.
One's fate is "wealth flowing away".
Thus it is said -\The enlightened ruler contemplates it.
The good general follows up on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments from everyone on my book Choppertech.
I am interested especially on hearing from former ZANLA and ZIPRA combatants who also have thier story to tell.