About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on yebomimi@gmail.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Pages

Followers

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

ZANLA and ZIPRA Handiwork
















2 comments:

  1. I understand the adult nature of this blog, and the content warning associated with it, but the pictures of the dead children really mess me up. I am well aware of the atrocities of war that include far worse than pictured above, but the pictures of the kids are too much for me. I don't think you should include them in the book; just my 2 cents of course. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whilst I can respect the sentiments of Anonymous, I cannot agree.

    What happened during the war years in Rhodesia should be publicised and the full horrors made available for the world to see, understand and consider. Better late than never.

    Bear in mind that the leaders of the ZANLA and ZIPRA forces that committed the atrocities are now leaders of Zimbabwe. These same leaders have been, for far too many years, lauded as "darlings of the West", "liberation heroes", "statesmen" and other wholly inappropriate titles.

    If publicising the handiwork of their forces causes some deep thought and re-assessment of their actions, then good will have been done.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments from everyone on my book Choppertech.
I am interested especially on hearing from former ZANLA and ZIPRA combatants who also have thier story to tell.