- Beaver Shaw
- Nairobi, Kenya
- I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011
- ► 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (50)
- ► 2009 (146)
08/03 - 08/10
- RHODESIA POEM
- Rhodesian Armoured Car Regiment National Serviceme...
- GRANT SHAW-My brother in Aussie Feedback
- HAL BOWKER MY FRIEND AND COURSE MATE
- GOING TO BASE AT NIGHT
- Pubs we spent time in during Rand R in Rhodesia
- AIR CRASHES RHODESIAN AIR FORCE FROM 1970
- CHEETAH TAILBOOM OP URIC REMINDER
- THE BSAP
- TERRORIST DRESS
- G CAR MORTAR DRILLS
- RHODESIAN AIR FORCE HELICOPTERS
- ONE MAN GUARD FORCE
- ▼ 08/03 - 08/10 (16)
Sunday, August 3, 2008
I flew G- Cars during the period of your book .I recognise many of the faces and names on your blog.
It is interesting to read your side of the story - i still have my ELT (for pilots only)
Ken Newman was a great friend of mine - you will remember him. He was killed in a Alo 3 crash near Port Elizabeth during 1999.I flew the rescue mission but only manage to rescue his tech Mike Bottom and the passenger.Our friendship was forged during those days during the Rhodesian War.
I loved wearing those t-shirts,shorts and fellies much more comfortable than the baby grows we are forced to wear to-day.
I want a copy of your book
Ex Sqn leader Rhodesian Air Force ( Clandestine Ek Se^)