About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on yebomimi@gmail.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Pages

Followers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

FEEDBACK

Howzit Beaver ~ Been many years since we last crossed paths and I was most interested in reading of your plans for a book, your blogsite and your artwork. Your art is absolutely stunning. I always thought that the late Ian Henderson had a monopoly on art amongst you Blue Jobs but I was totally wrong! Where did you learn to draw and paint like that? Your work is obviously extremely popular as everything has a "sold" tag on it! Enjoyed your blog, too ~ some interesting stuff in there. I have forwarded your request for assistance to my Blue Job mates. I see a lot of Roger Watt who is still flying choppers for our off-shore mining operations in this part of the world (Oranjemund in Namibia). I'm also still in contact with Vic Moll, Miles Orbell, Sonny Janeke and, very occasionally, Mike Mulligan. Mike's a lousy correspondent! I'm not even sure if you'll remember me ~ I was in the Cops. Where we first met I have no idea ~ Kandeya, Makuti, Mashumbi, Tjolotjo, Wankie...Kezi? I do know that we got to know each other reasonably well in a short space of time and had a few good laughs together. If you can remember you'll do well in reminding me. I'm going to dig into my photograph albums and see whether I have any pics that might interest you. Pete Shout

1 comment:

  1. Rhodesia seems to me like a wonderful dream. It's hard to imagine what it must be like for those that lived there to live in a world where a paradise on earth is now almost akin to the rumors of Atlantis. I study your war with this feeling of stun always omnipresent in the back of my mind. How, God, How did something so right go so wrong. I keep looking for a good answer and can not find one. To those of you faithful, brave Rhodies now scattered throughout the world; I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to live in a time past the end of history. It's almost like the whole world died when she fell and we (most especially the Rhodesian's) are just Ghosts in the Machine now. Fascinating stuff, but there is a sadness to it all that can not seem to ever be put to rest; like a story without a proper ending; much respect to you and yours. I hope you can all find each other again before this journey is truly over.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments from everyone on my book Choppertech.
I am interested especially on hearing from former ZANLA and ZIPRA combatants who also have thier story to tell.