About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on yebomimi@gmail.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Pages

Followers

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Rhodesian Armoured Car Regiment National Servicemen



MY BROTHERS COLIN AND GLENN -were called up for Terrotorial Service with the Rhodesian Armoured car Regiment. They were initially called up for 9 months which was extended to 18 months and as the Security situation in Rhodesia worsened they ended up doing continious service. They worked for David Whiteheads Textiles in Hartley, they were fortunate enough to have their company make up thier pay while doing National Service.
The following photographs given to me by Glenn are of thier service days and deployments mainly in the SE Lowveld, Boli Airstrip, Twiza area where they operated for a while , sometimes in a joint op with the Grey Scouts.
I ran into Glenn and Colin on a number of occasions while on operations with Fireforce.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments from everyone on my book Choppertech.
I am interested especially on hearing from former ZANLA and ZIPRA combatants who also have thier story to tell.