No Longer Secret
THIRTY-YEAR old, previously closed files from the archives of the Commonwealth Secreariat have now been made available to the public.
The decision means that scholars will have access to records from 1964-66, many classified as "secret" or "restricted".
They deal with the crisis over Rhodesia's Unilateral Declaration of Independence and the responses of Commonwealth governments.
The documents include minutes of a specially convened Commonwealth Prime Ministers Meeting (CPMM) of January 1966 in Lagos to discuss Rhodesia and the September CPMM in London. The Lagos meeting was the first CPMM held outside Britain. (In 1971 the CPMM was replaced by the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, or CHOGM.)
Announcing the release, the Secretary-General, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, said: "In order to ensure that an accurate history of the association is accessible to scholars, the Secretariat will, in consultation with member governments, continue to release Shared Commonwealth Records after 30 years."
Enquiries to the Commonwealth Secretariat 's Librarian, Tel: +44(0)171-7476164 Fax: +44(0)171-7476168
- Beaver Shaw
- Nairobi, Kenya
- I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011
- ► 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (50)
- ► 2009 (146)
08/31 - 09/07
- WILLEM RATTE IN RHODESIAN SERVICE
- FIREFORCE POINTS TO PONDER
- SUPPORT COMMANDO RLI CIRCA 1979 -SOF EXTRACT
- RHODESIAN INDEPENDENCE COMMEMARATIVE MEDAL
- RHODESIA BECOMES ZIMBABWE
- JOHN VORSTER AN INSIGHT INTO THE MAN AND HIS THINK...
- RHODESIAN ARMOURED CAR REGIMENT
- MASSACRE IN MOZAMBIQUE -ANOTHER INSIGHT
- WIRIYAMU HOUSE OF COMMONS DEBATE
- ADRIAN HASTINGS AND THE WIRIYAMU MASSACRE
- MOZAMBIQUE INSURGENCY AGAINST PORTUGAL
- INSIDE THE ZIPRA CAMPS IN ZAMBIA
- TANGO ROMEO A BOOK ABOUT JACK MALLOCH
- THE BOTSWANA DEFENCE FORCE
- SCALE DRAWING HUNTING P56 PROVOST MK1 RHODESIAN AI...
- AIRCRAFT NOT USED BY ZIMBABWEAN AND RHODESIAN AIR ...
- HUNTING P56 PROVOST MK51 RHODESIAN AIR FORCE
- ONE COMMANDO
- FARM DEFENSE IN RHODESIA
- RHODESIAN COVER SHOOTING
- MACHEL KILLER?
- THE MEN BEHIND THE MOZAMBIQUE INDEPENDENCE MOVEMEN...
- RHODESIAN DOCUMENTS
- IMAGES OF WAR IN RHODESIA
- RHODESIAN AIR FORCE RECRUITING AD
- TA GROUP AD
- ▼ 08/31 - 09/07 (27)