- Beaver Shaw
- Nairobi, Kenya
- I an ex member of both 7 and 8 Squadron's of the Rhodesian war spending most of my operational time on Seven Squadron as a K Car gunner. I was credited for shooting down a fixed wing aircraft from a K Car on the 9 August 1979. This blog is from articles for research on a book which I HAVE HANDED THIS MANUSCRIPT OVER TO MIMI CAWOOD WHO WILL BE HANDLING THE PUBLICATION OF THE BOOK OF WHICH THERE WILL BE VERY LIMITED COPIES AVAILABLE Contact her on email@example.com The latest news is that the Editing is now done and we can expect to start sales and deliveries by the end of April 2011
- ► 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (50)
- ► 2009 (146)
08/31 - 09/07
- WILLEM RATTE IN RHODESIAN SERVICE
- FIREFORCE POINTS TO PONDER
- SUPPORT COMMANDO RLI CIRCA 1979 -SOF EXTRACT
- RHODESIAN INDEPENDENCE COMMEMARATIVE MEDAL
- RHODESIA BECOMES ZIMBABWE
- JOHN VORSTER AN INSIGHT INTO THE MAN AND HIS THINK...
- RHODESIAN ARMOURED CAR REGIMENT
- MASSACRE IN MOZAMBIQUE -ANOTHER INSIGHT
- WIRIYAMU HOUSE OF COMMONS DEBATE
- ADRIAN HASTINGS AND THE WIRIYAMU MASSACRE
- MOZAMBIQUE INSURGENCY AGAINST PORTUGAL
- INSIDE THE ZIPRA CAMPS IN ZAMBIA
- TANGO ROMEO A BOOK ABOUT JACK MALLOCH
- THE BOTSWANA DEFENCE FORCE
- SCALE DRAWING HUNTING P56 PROVOST MK1 RHODESIAN AI...
- AIRCRAFT NOT USED BY ZIMBABWEAN AND RHODESIAN AIR ...
- HUNTING P56 PROVOST MK51 RHODESIAN AIR FORCE
- ONE COMMANDO
- FARM DEFENSE IN RHODESIA
- RHODESIAN COVER SHOOTING
- MACHEL KILLER?
- THE MEN BEHIND THE MOZAMBIQUE INDEPENDENCE MOVEMEN...
- RHODESIAN DOCUMENTS
- IMAGES OF WAR IN RHODESIA
- RHODESIAN AIR FORCE RECRUITING AD
- TA GROUP AD
- ▼ 08/31 - 09/07 (27)
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Machel killer’ released from Pretoria prison
A former Civil Cooperation Bureau operative who confessed his role in the assassination of former Mozambican President Samora Machel was released on parole.
By Mpikeleni Duma
A former Civil Cooperation Bureau operative who confessed his role in the assassination of former Mozambican President Samora Machel was released on parole from Pretoria Central prison on Wednesday night.
Hans Louw, a Namibian national, was serving a 28-year sentence for murder committed while in the service of the CCB.
Louw, who confirmed his parole, was quietly dropped in Kimberley in the Northern Cape by Pretoria prison officials. Correctional Service has not confirmed his parole.
In October 1986 a plane carrying Machel crashed and killed the Mozambican president and 33 others on board. It was claimed at the time that the crash was no accident.
Louw confessed that he was part of clean-up team tasked with ensuring Machel died. However, the backup team was not activated as per the original plan.
According to Louw, a false beacon was put in position by military intelligence operatives of the apartheid government to divert the plane.
Louw says he was also part of a squad that spied on advocate Anton Lubowski and knows the name of his killers.